Translate

Thursday, January 15, 2009

GAZA 3 The Holocaust in Reverse.




The situation in Gaza can only be described as the holocaust in reverse.
One hundred dead Palestinians for every one Israeli. The densest population on earth, 25 miles wide at its widest point, nowhere left to run to. Women and children casualties in the hundreds, (215 children), injuries in the thousands, the US refuses to sign the ceasefire agreement, I have blood on my hands as I weep in hopelessness at my ineffectuality to change anything.

Nobody can get out, the borders are closed, 70 percent killed are civilians. 80 000 Gazans have been forced to flee their homes and doctors waiting to attend the injured have been kept waiting while the victims they are there to help are dying. White phosphorous has been discovered in weapons used and a new type of injurious weapon called DIME is making its military debut:it stands for Dense Inert Metal Explosive. A DIME weapon is a bomb or missile that detonates with powerful and lethal explosive power confined to a small area. The idea being to minimize “collateral damage” when using military weapons in urban areas.

So what can I do other than attend the protests? The very least I can do is counter mainstream imagery with my own, here it is. They may be keeping the media out but they cannot keep my heart out.

No comments: